Monday, April 12, 2010


Cake! I had been dying to try a new cake recipe for months so when Matt and I were invited to Easter dinner I was thrilled to offer to make dessert! So I spent hours on this 4 layered lemon cake with lemon curd between the layers and a meringue outer shell - instead of boring frosting. As you can see, It looked beautiful. Like a giant marshmallow. Needless to say it was disgusting! Barely palatable, I felt so bad, and embarrassed! I mean I always thought that I was a good baker and I followed all the directions in the recipe but alas. . .
It took a few days for the disappointment to wear off and for us to finish what was not eaten and I must admit it was better the next day when all the flavors and moisture blended together.

No comments: