Sunday, February 28, 2010


As you can see, this was no ordinary day for me. Last week I participated in a study at my school on language acquisition. I have been taking Spanish for about a year, which is the language that they are focusing on, and thought that participating in this study would be a little bit of fun. I was connected to this machine which was measuring my brainwaves as I answered questions in Spanish. I had to remain very still because the machine would pick up any facial or head movements and confound the brainwave signal. After about 2 hours in that cap, my head was tired. I had just taken a Spanish test that morning and was in the research lab for another 4.5 hours, needless to say I was Spanish-fatigued and ready for a long nap!
Despite all the time and effort, it was pretty cool!

1 comment:

Casey said...

Hey there cousin!!! We were excited to have found your blog. We enjoyed your pics and it was fun to catch up and read what you have been up to.

Casey & Lexie Sutherland
covedwellers.blogspot.com