Friday, November 16, 2012

Hail From Those Transient People You Once Knew


No. We have not been asleep for the last 7 months, although I wish the reason this blog has not been updated was that simple. Matt and I started this blog when we moved from Idaho to Chicago. We wanted to keep our family and friends back home involved in our lives and aware of important life events. After Matt graduated Chiropractic School, we moved to Olympia, Washington where he began working a new job. At that point this blog also became a window to the Chicago friends. After a bout 6 months we new that the job was not going to work out and found new employment in our home town in Idaho. Once again leaving friends in Washington state to be back with family. We lived with Matt's parents for 6 months and then in our own apartment for another 5. Somewhere in those later five months Matt was laid off. Unsure of the future but aware of all the possibilities ahead of us, we turned to prayer and faith. It was easy for me to be discouraged about the loss of 2 jobs in less than 1 year and the prospect of moving again, especially now that we have a baby to consider in the plans. But as it turns out, no matter where you are and no matter what job you are working, if you are doing good, God will provide happiness. So Matt did some job searching for about a month and found new employment. Currently he is working at a Chiropractic office in Washington DC. His office is across the street from the National Zoo. I will fill in the details of the last year and the experiences leading up to current time in another post (and maybe we should change the name of this blog to "hail from those transient people you once knew").
     I do, however, want to express my sincere gratitude for each person who has gotten to know us, love us, care for us, serve us, offered hugs, and tears, and referrals. All you who have kept us in your homes, we will always keep you in our hearts. We have been blessed more than I will ever be able to express gratitude for so I thank you and I thank God.
:~:Kim

1 comment:

Emilee Hunter said...

Hey I like the update even though I don't like your location. I send my loves!